The University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School is seeking energetic, creative, and innovative professionals who are passionate about transforming the global business landscape. If you meet the academic and professional requirements below, we encourage you to apply and join our diverse community of business professionals.
Our online program offers three start dates per year, and no GMAT scores are required to apply.
Early Priority Deadline
JANUARY 30, 2023
Priority Application Deadline
FEBRUARY 27, 2023
Final Application Deadline
MARCH 27, 2023
Application deadlines are subject to change.
All official documents must be submitted by the end of the first term.
Applicants who apply by the early priority application deadline will receive a waived application fee, obtain an admissions decision sooner, and have more time to plan for the future. Scholarships are also available for qualified applicants.
Students may qualify for select competitive awards offered by the university. If admitted to the program, please discuss available awards with your admissions counselor.
Herbert Scholars Scholarship
Limited Herbert Scholars Scholarships are available for applicants with excellent academic and professional performance. Please request information from your admissions counselor.
International Student Financial Support
The University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School online MBA offers tuition scholarships for qualified international students entering into the September 2022 and January 2023 cohort. Our admissions counselors are available to answer questions on scholarship opportunities and assist you throughout the entire process.
The online MBA is guaranteeing a tuition scholarship to qualified international students who are accepted and enrolled into the upcoming cohort. Contact your admissions counselor for more information.
Applicants to the traditional online MBA track must have a bachelor’s degree in any field as well as a minimum of two years professional experience is required.
Applicants to the accelerated online MBA track must have a bachelor’s, master’s, or equivalent degree in business from the last seven years, as well as a minimum of two years professional experience is required.
GRE and GMAT scores are not required to apply but will be accepted if the applicant believes scores will strengthen their application.
- Online Application
- Resume: Submit your most recent resume that appropriately illustrates your professional experience.
- Personal Statement: Your personal statement should be one page, or about 500–750 words, describing your interest in the program in relation to your professional background and future career aspirations. You may also explain or address any other aspects of your application, such as academic history.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Submit two letters of recommendation from professional references who can speak to your qualifications. While not required, it is strongly preferred that one or, ideally both, letters of recommendation come from a professional/supervisory recommender.
- Transcripts: The program strongly encourages students to send official transcripts however, unofficial transcripts are accepted for application review. Students admitted to the program with unofficial transcripts have until the end of the first term to submit all official transcripts. Failure to submit all official transcripts by the end of Term 1 will result in a hold on students’ registration for upcoming terms.
You must submit transcripts for all institutions attended. Please email transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or send them to:
University of Miami
Application Processing Center
Miami Online MBA PO Box
College Station, TX 77842
Please note: To be considered an official transcript, the transcript must be sent directly from your institution(s) or through an electronic transcript vendor retained by that institution. Transcripts submitted by enrolled or prospective students are considered unofficial documents, even if they are in a sealed envelope provided to you by the issuing university.
- Application Fee: The application fee is $100. Applicants who submit their application before the early priority application deadline will receive an application fee waiver. Applicants who submit their application by the priority deadline will receive an application fee reduction of $50. Active military members, military veterans, McNair Scholars, AmeriCorps members, Peace Corps members, and Teach for America members may also qualify for an application fee waiver. Contact your admissions counselor before submitting your application to receive your fee waiver.
International Student Transcripts
All graduate applicants who have attended a college or university outside of the United States must submit official transcripts and diplomas (if available) from all colleges and universities attended to one of the two approved evaluation services, as well as have these documents translated into English. World Education Services (WES) or any National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) approved evaluators are accepted.
The evaluation must be for academic purposes (not for employment, etc.) and course by course with confirmation of degree equivalency, date conferred, and a GPA calculation based on the 4.0 grading scale.
Documents in a language other than English must be accompanied by professional, certified English translations. Translations supplement, but do not replace, the official documents.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) & IELTS (International English Language Testing System):
If students do not hold a U.S. undergraduate degree, they may be required to take the TOEFL exam. If they are required to submit a TOEFL score, students should visit this web page to arrange to take the test. The TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for 2 years after the test date.
The TOEFL code for the University of Miami is D064. The IELTS code for the University of Miami is 4862.
The TOEFL requirement may be waived for non-native English speakers provided they meet the following criteria:
- Students earned their undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English (this does not include degrees from just English-speaking institutions or just a country where English is spoken).
If English is not your native language, the TOEFL/IELTS requirement may be waived if you hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from an academic institution within the United States or from one of the following English-speaking countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Canada (except Quebec)
- New Zealand
- Kitts and Nevis
- Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
Minimum scores accepted:
TOEFL – Minimum score of 94
IELTS – Minimum score of 7.0